Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Embossing FWAB flourishes

Here's my recent FWAB tutorial:

I really love my FWAB flourishes.  I would add them to every single page if I could!  I'm always on the lookout for different things I can do with them and recently, I decided to try embossing them.
I have lots of different embossing folders for my Big Shot ... like these ...p7258644
And while I didn't get progress photos for this, it's all pretty easy.
Step one:  Choose a "flat" FWAB flourish (like Jasmine, Luke, Jessie - not the pearl ones - you could even try some of the FWAB Outdoor range!)
Step Two:  Remove from packaging but NOT from the backing sheet.
Step Three:  Place in embossing folder and run through your machine.
Step Four:  Remove flourish from backing sheet and place on your project!
Easy as that!
IMG_5800a
I've used a FWAB Luke Flourish in Teal and a FWAB Jasmine Laser Flourish Gold on the above page, embossing them in a swirl pattern (Luke Flourish) and a script pattern (Jasmine flourish).
IMG_5804aLove the texture it gives!  And it made the flourishes curl up a bit - which I really liked - so I emphasised the effect and helped it stay there with tiny bits of foam tape.
IMG_5805a
You'll spy a FWAB Maddison Flowers - Chocolate there too!!
So, there you go, a nice easy tutorial to add some extra WOW factor to your FWAB flourishes!  Hope you can give it a go!
Chloe
xx

1 comment: